Variety Gamay - New Zealand - Red wine - 75 cl bottle - Can be kept until 2025 - Serve at 16 °C
Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir '20
By adding this to your cart for payment you are ensuring you are over the age of 18. Discounts are applied at checkout.
A bright, deep magenta, Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir ’20 has the immediate lifted aromas of black cherry, wild strawberry and star anise. The palate is soft and pillowy with a racing-stripe of boysenberry ripple through it. There are dark roses, raspberries, and notes of sandalwood and liquorice. Soft red and black summer fruits are balanced here by a thirst-quenching freshness. Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir ’20 overflows with deliciousness and fun. Summer in a glass.
Wine Storage Suggestions
Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir ’20 can be enjoyed immediately upon release and can be served at room temperature or, during summer, lightly chilled. It will continue to develop in bottle for two years from harvest.
NZ & INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE AT CHECKOUT
Licence Number 29/OFF/032/20: Exp Feb 2023
International Distribution & Stockists - Australia - United Kingdom
Total acidity as tartaric: 5.1g/l
Residual sugar: Dry
The unique ‘maceration carbonique’ fermentation, which enhances the fruit and floral aromas of the wine, was used for 47% of the grapes. The other 53% received a traditional, warm, red wine fermentation. The resulting wines completed their malolactic fermentation and were matured for seven weeks in seasoned French oak barrels, before blending and bottling.
In 1995, Te Mata Estate introduced to New Zealand a superior selection of Gamay Noir à Jus Blanc, the grape variety of the best wines of France’s Beaujolais region. Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir ’20 is a single vineyard wine from Te Mata Estate’s Woodthorpe Terraces vineyard, harvested on 3 and 12 March 2020.
Woodthorpe vineyard is located on elevated, north-facing terraces in Hawke’s Bay Tutaekuri river valley. Between 1863 and 1914 it was home to the annual Woodthorpe races. Today it’s ideal aspect and free draining soils provide Te Mata Estate a unique location for quality grapes.